- Online through our shop.
- Order online for pickup in Sundance, Calgary
- For large, bulk orders, or corporate sales, call 403-256-1888 to arrange pickup, or to speak directly to Kam, the owner.
- Alberta Whisky Cakes are also available at Huckleberry’s Cafe in Wetaskiwin. Both on menu & off-sales whole cakes are offered.
- Talk to either of the 2 great looking young guys walking around in AWC t-shirts – are the owner’s sons & love to talk about AWC!
- AWC ships worldwide!
- Charges for shipping are based on the address of the recipient.
- We usually use Canada Post, but during any postal disruptions, or occasionally for shipping the US and overseas, we use UPS. If you have a UPS account number we are happy to use that to arrange for delivery, rather than charging you for shipping.
- We have sent them overseas (especially to Europe) after 1st determining this cost & then calling you back to see if you want to go ahead.
The black paper hexagon-shaped hatboxes are made using recycled paper & with ‘green’ black dye – are made to be recycled, but people tend to reuse them instead (are very attractive, sturdy & easily opened/closed).
- One of our guiding principles is to use as much local products as possible.
- Rye whisky is produced in the HIGHWOOD Distillery, just south of Calgary, and using grains from a 7 mile radius of the distillery.
- Rye whisky is very Canadian! (Bourbon is American; rum made from sugar cane).
- The merging of flavors between maple syrup + whisky and chocolate + whisky is absolutely superb – sophisticated, but not overwhelming.
We sell almost exactly the same number of each – sometimes a run on 1 flavor for a few orders, then the other the next orders – this includes the reorders. I love both of them equally, and can’t seem to decide myself which to have, so sometimes go for a small piece of each or alternate days on which flavor I eat.
Maple (The Malted Maple): maple syrup with walnuts on the top– very Canadian!
Chocolate (The Whisky Runner): chocolate – rich dark solid!
- Only real HIGHWOOD Distillers rye whisky is used in every AWC cake.
- Added at 2 separate times: into the raw batter and then again in the whisky sauce that the cakes are soaked in when they come out of the oven.
- Whisky is listed on the bottom label of every package, in the ingredient list.
- Only real whisky, with actual alcohol content still active, would provide the preserving factor for the cakes (that is, long shelf-life) and keep them very moist.
- After baking & storage, about 1% by weight whisky remains in the unopened cakes.
- All joyful occasions – births, birthdays, valentines, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, retirements, new home purchases, all celebrations…
- When you want to show your appreciation – to family, friends, co-workers, employees, clients, associates, neighbors, hostesses, anyone who helps make your days easier or more enjoyable…
- Whenever you want to let someone know they are special – for no particular reason, except that you value them!
- The qualities of the gift imply the same qualities you are forwarding as your own, and how you feel about the recipient & the relationship – our cakes are unique, highest quality, delectable, appeal to the senses & are impressively packaged…
- As what serves as a trigger is dependent on each individual person, we strongly suggest that another edible treat be selected for this group.
- AWC is respectful of everyone’s personal situations & values, without judgment.
At this time we don’t recommend our products for those with food allergies. We use many of the common food allergens, including wheat, as our key ingredients. As well, our products are all made in small bakeries or commercial kitchens where there is a chance of cross-contamination.
- Room temperature or slightly warm a slice – top with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
- As above – then drizzle with liqueur, or any other sauce of your choice.
- Serve with your favourite fruit & whipped cream.
- Enjoy the cake exactly how it is – Delicious!
- Medium sized cakes serve 12 (1000 gm; 2.2 lb) – many easily get 16 servings.
- Large sized cakes serve 24 (2000 gm; 4.4 lb) – many get 30 generous servings.
- The servings per cake are listed on each bottom label.
- These are very heavy rich cakes, so a little goes a long way.
- The most common sizes ordered are by far the Medium AWCs.
Store in a cool, dry place. Refrigerate after opening. Freezing will prolong the shelf life without affecting the quality or taste.
- The BB date is date stamped on the bottom of every cake package, on the nutrition label.
- Is conservatively 3 months if kept in a cool dry place.
- Freeze it if you want to extend the BB date by double – to 6 months.
- The combination of alcohol + heat sealing = longer shelf-life than other cakes.
- No, not yet.
- All our cakes are pound cakes– solid, rich, moist & sumptuous in aroma & flavor.
- Only the maple cake has some walnuts, and only on the top.
Unbridled Spirit Artists
- They are local people who are involved heavily in the arts, and have not yet become renowned or rewarded for their exceptional dedication to their creative work.
- The selections are based on individual assessments of their work, initiatives, purpose, and plans for the future and how they will balance out the contributions of the previously selected artists.